Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Winnipeg!

Well, I am finally out of Ontario, thank the Maker! As I left my hotel room this morning I stopped at a grocery store to pick up some fruit. The town of Ignace is very small, population is about fourteen hundred people. Most everyone I spoke with was complaining about the heat wave this region is experiencing. I smiled at the fact they think temps in the nineties is a heat wave! As I was driving out of Ontario, I stopped and took some more pictures of their solid granite hills and more stone sculptures. I could not resist stacking a few small stones of my own. I too wanted to leave behind a "Sunita sculpture"!
As soon as I crossed over to Manitoba, the terrain changed almost immediately. Instead of granite hills I was in flat land and could see for miles. I wonder how that happens, crossing from one state or province to another and all of a sudden the topography is different. I have noticed that in the United States also, it's almost as if who ever drew the lines for the boundaries did it deliberately.
Tomorrow, I will visit Lake Winnipeg, it is the eleventh largest fresh water lake on the planet and it's about an hour's drive from Winnipeg. Even though right now I am tired of driving, I think I must go and see this lake and dip my toe in it, especially since I didn't get to dip my toe in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Newfoundland! But, first, I am sleeping in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment